Data Warehouse Engineer – Remote
We are seeking a Data Warehouse Engineer who will be responsible for seeking out the best ways to execute Flash Global’s data strategies and for the planning and implementation of data warehouse including data feeds, creation, and continual enhancements of reporting capabilities. This position requires an innovative engineer who is passionate about data & data quality. The ideal candidate will possess data warehousing experience and the ability to develop scalable data pipelines that make data management and analytics/reporting faster, more insightful, and more efficient. In addition, the Data Warehouse Engineer will:
- Assist with defining and developing a data warehouse technical strategy and solution for Flash Global that enables BI tools such as PowerBI
- Implement scalable solutions that align to our business intelligence roadmap for data integrations, data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
- Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Develop data integrations and a data quality framework.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Contribute to quality assurance tasks and bug fixes.
- Develop internal and external facing reporting, dashboards, SSRS reports, data visualizations, and analytics.
- Coordinate with the Business data teams to prepare and preprocess data.
- Provide knowledge, guidance, research, business process mapping and fact-finding expertise to define, design, and modify specifications and processes for complex information systems and business process.
- Participate in establishing system documentation standards and QA methodologies.
- Individual contributor that works under limited supervision.
- Apply subject matter knowledge.
- Capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
What we need from you:
- Solid grasp of modern database technologies in particular MS SQL, proficient in SQL and TSQL, experience with M, Dax, MS stack (SSRS, SSIS), Power BI and M, SQL Stored Procedures.
- Knowledge of different database technologies and data warehouse schema design patterns
- Experience with cloud-based databases,
- Experience using SQL queries as well as writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer academic backgrounds in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in data engineering, business intelligence or related field.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Generous time off policy; stay with us awhile & get 5 weeks PTO!
- 14 Company paid Holidays (no waiting period)
- 4 Floating Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Free Medical plan available)
- Health and Flexible spending accounts
- Short term and Long-term disability
- Employer Paid Accident & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off for Voting and Jury Duty
- Corporate discount with Lifetime Fitness
- Up to 17% discount with Verizon Wireless
- Perks at Work account (access to 1,500 merchant discounts)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com