As a family-owned business, we understand the importance of benefits to our employees and their families. Verst Logistics offers a comprehensive Benefits Package that includes the following:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K With Company Match
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Education Opportunity
- Service Awards to recognize employment milestones
Forklift Operator Position Summary:
Operate an electric or propane powered forklift to load and unload trucks or railcars and move raw materials and finished goods to a designated area within the warehouse. Assist in custodian duties throughout the warehouse as assigned.
Forklift Operator Essential Functions:
- Safely and efficiently operate a forklift to move raw materials and finished goods, exercising care to position product on forks to avoid product damage.
- Follow specific instructions given by internal personnel regarding the movement of goods.
- Complete daily task paperwork accurately and entirely.
- Complete daily preventive maintenance check form on all equipment driven.
- Verify accuracy of product count and product information against shipping and receiving documents, and check product for damage.
- Use RF gun or complete proper forms as required to maintain and update product quantities and locations for items shipped, received or moved.
- Comply with safety regulations governing the operation of the equipment.
- Report equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Follow facility specific procedures regarding locking and releasing of trailers.
- Identify flaws/defects/knowledge of packing methods.
- Placing selected cases on a pallet and arrange them orderly to minimize product damage for safe delivery.
Forklift Operator Marginal Functions:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Provide backup support to production Machine Operators when needed.
- Perform cycle counts or verification of inventory quantities and locations.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; Associated Degree or equivalent work related experience preferred
- Must acquire forklift certification upon hire; prefer 1-3 years prior experience operating a forklift in a high volume environment.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Must be able to follow specific instructions thoroughly and accurately.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs safely on occasion as required.
- Good hand/eye coordination and motor skills.
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed due to customer requirements.
- Working at high and elevated levels required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.