This position is responsible for ensuring that company employees can complete their day to day work safely. You will be responsible for the training of employees so they understand the safety standards and rules set in place. This positions will monitor all aspects of safety including drivers, equipment, yards, and other company personnel. Responsible for adherence to OSHA, EPA, and DOT compliance.
- Models, leads, and advocates the Jones Companies’ core values; seeks ways to integrate values in business dealings and strategies; protects the company’s reputation.
- Monitor employees for following all company policies, OSHA, and FMCSA regulations and provide recommendations to management for corrective action.
- Conduct safety observations and provide reporting on a regular basis with recommendations for any improvements needed.
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and facilities on a regular basis and provide reporting with recommendations for any improvements needed.
- Provide prompt accident / incident reporting to management, investigates and analyzes the accident / incident to provide management with an evaluation of the effectiveness of our safety and risk management programs.
- Educate employees on company safety standards and proper operation of equipment.
- Coordinates orientation with recruiting for the onboarding of new employees.
- Stays up to date on company policies, DOT, OSHA, or government regulations by attending training sessions, seminars, webinars, or studying published materials on compliance.
- Manages related administrative matters, including ensuring the appropriate recording of all information into the safety systems, sets goals to align with the targets and performance objectives established by the division’s management.
- Maintains company confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of related experience in the transportation industry preferred.
Skills / Knowledge
- Advanced Root Cause Problem Solving
- Extensive knowledge of FMCSA and OSHA regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills; Microsoft Office
- Ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner.
- High level of analytical skill to develop a range of possible solutions to address a wide range of issues.
- Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement
- Ability to understand financial terms, budgets, tables and reports
- Ability to develop realistic, comprehensive plans to make efficient use of resources.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Self-motivated capable of exceeding in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com