The Warehouse Supervisor has general accountability to coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the warehouse. The Supervisor assigns associates to the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages multiple associates in multi-faceted environment which includes activities such as inbound, stocking, picking, packing, inventory, shipping, and return processing. The Operations Supervisor manages a team by performing the duties below:
- Manages daily work load and assigns productivity goals based on customer’s demands.
- Directs the operations and workloads to the associates team and holds associates accountable to productivity standards.
- Ensure safety, accuracy, and production objectives are met.
- Facilitates daily start up meetings to direct productivity goals and safety initiatives.
- Train, coach, engage, and develop associates on efficient work methods aimed at improving the safety, security, accuracy, productivity, and profitability of the operation.
- Utilizes effective strategies and communication techniques for conflict management. Exercises conflict resolution to prevent, minimize and resolve problems to build constructive relationships. Recommends solutions to specific individual issues.
- Interview, hire and/or promote, onboard and train associates. The Supervisor will develop a training checklist to create a positive and successful onboarding experience.
- Delivers appropriate and consistent verbal and written warnings in a clear, concise manner while adhering to company policies.
- Completes timely performance reviews while documenting measurable goals and objectives.
- Advocates and supports corporate training programs for direct reports to prepare team members for career path progression opportunities.
- Processes and approves daily schedules and weekly time cards for payroll processing.
- Manages a collaborative team environment through encouragement and positive attitude.
- Ensure all associates follow policies and work rules including safety work rules.
- Work on continuous improvement to raise the efficiency and quality of your work.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements regarding execution of services and Key Performance Metrics detailing the measurement of our performance.
- Assist with the development and execution of all processes and procedures involved in assigned operations.
- Perform special projects related to process, quality, and service improvements, cost reductions, and/or generating other efficiencies as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, other majors will be considered.(required)
- 2 years min. Supervisor experience in a 3PL or Logistics operational environment is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, teammates, and prospective customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Strong project management and analytical abilities coupled with superior team building skills. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Operational planning experience including budgets, manning, equipment, and facilities.
- Experience with Lean distribution techniques preferred.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Workweeks in excess of 40 hours may exist periodically through the year.
- Occasional weekend work.
- General office and warehouse working conditions.
- Must be able to assume leadership role in a fast paced, team oriented environment dedicated to delighting the customer and achievement of safety, quality and productivity goals in a time sensitive environment
Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Matching 401k, paid holidays and vacation, career advancement
To apply for this job please visit www.odwlogistics.com.