Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in crating, moving, and storing household goods and furniture by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects warehouse facilities and equipment and recommends changes in allocation of space, and crating procedures to supervisor.
- Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Vaults household goods into designated containers
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers.
- Assembles customer orders from racking and prepares orders for delivery out.
- Assist in receiving customer items into warehouse.
- Pad wraps furniture items
- Receives household good shipments into the warehouse
- Repairs vaults and lift vans as needed
- Manages Inventory Control on inbound and outbound shipments.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities
- Periodically visits job sites to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to company policy.
- Inputs data for special products revenue and prints bills of lading for fan runs.
- Reviews and analyzes expenditures, and operations reports to determine need for increase in rates of fleet size, expansion of existing schedules, or expansion of routes. Prepares recommendations for management evaluation.
- Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment to increase efficiency.
- Supervise and help as needed the Logistics portion of the warehouse.
- Schedule warehouse activities such as breaks, lunches and work loads to allocate manpower.
- Process paperwork for items coming and going from warehouse.
- Process paperwork for items being picked up and delivered by Logistics crews.
- Coordinate training of Logistics operations personnel with HR.
- Maintain discipline for Logistics operations personnel.
- Coordinate maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Work with Operations Manager on needs for additional manpower, equipment and procedures.
- Has all knowledge of and qualifications of Distribution driver and warehouse helper.
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations.
- Directs investigations into causes of customer or shipper complaints and responds accordingly.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org